Dogs can become a very important part of one’s family in a very short time. This is the reason why every dog parent wants their loyal friends to be happy, comfortable and healthy and for this one can find several dog accessories in the market. Most of the dog accessories are either common for every dog or some are specially made for particular dog types, conditions, and age.
Dog accessories are supplies and products that one can order for their dogs. These products are made specifically for dogs keeping in mind their health and entertainment. This is the reason why dog accessories are divided into three basic categories. These are training accessories, styling accessories, and health and comfort accessories.
Types of Dog Accessories
There can be several types of accessories, especially in a technologically advanced market even dog products are becoming better and far more advanced. However, some of the basic dog products are:
- Dog bowls to eat and drink water.
- Dog leashes which are very much needed while taking them out for a walk.
- Dog collars for identification
- Training Aids
- Toys to keep them occupied and also help in growing their mental and cognitive power.
- Grooming products like coat trimmers, shampoos, nail clippers, toothbrushes, etc.
- Dog bed to make them settle comfortably whenever they want.
- Clothes like sweaters, shoes, caps to keep them warm in colder seasons.
- Raincoats to keep them dry during monsoon so that one can take them out for walks without wetting their furs which they usually hate.
- Anti-barking collars to train them.
Some Tips to buy Accessories
Though there are several types of accessories that one can buy for their dogs, for all the new dog parents certain products are a must like collars, leashes, dog houses, bowls, etc. One needs to keep in mind the dog’s comfort and its well being while shopping for dog accessories. Some of the points to keep in mind are:
- Choosing the Right Bowl
While buying a dog bowl for watering and for food one should take into consideration the size of the dog. Make sure that they can eat or drink comfortably. The bowl shouldn’t tip over so buy a well balanced and heavy bowl for the dog.
- Choosing the Right Collar
Choose a collar that fits properly with two finger gap between the collar and the dog’s neck to keep it comfortable. One can choose fancy looking ones or the plain and simple ones. Also, make sure it is made of good quality material or else it can lead to chaffing.
- Choosing the Right Leash
Leashes should be according to the size of the dog. Bigger dogs need wide and strong leashes and smaller dogs need narrow leashes. Go for good material or else they might tear apart if the dog pulls too hard.
- Choosing the Right Doghouse
Sometimes it is important to get them a home outside their parent’s place and for that doghouses become a necessity. One should use bigger doghouses so that …