Table of Contents
- 1 New York Mets vs. Philadelphia Phillies Odds and Betting Lines
- 2 Mets Stats and Trends
- 3 Phillies Stats and Trends
- 4 Mets vs. Phillies: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
The New York Mets (15-6) will host the Philadelphia Phillies (11-11), in the final game of a three-game series, Sunday at 7:08 PM ET.
The Mets are favored at home (-185) against the Phillies (+159). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the New York Mets looking to Max Scherzer (3-0), and Zach Eflin (1-1) taking the ball for the Philadelphia Phillies.
These clubs meet again after the Phillies’ 4-1 victory over the Mets yesterday. James Norwood (1.0 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 1 K) earned the win for the Phillies. Kyle Schwarber went 1-for-4 with a home run and two RBI to lead the team on offense. Adam Ottavino (0.2 IP, 3 R, 2 H, 1 K) took the loss on the mound for the Mets.
Here is what you need to prepare for Sunday’s Mets vs. Phillies matchup.
New York Mets vs. Philadelphia Phillies Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Mets (-185, bet $185 to win $100)
- Underdog: Phillies (+159, bet $100 to win $159)
- Over/under: 6.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Mets Stats and Trends
Mets Betting Records
- The Mets have been favorites in 19 games this season and won 15 (78.9%) of those contests.
- New York has played as a favorite of -185 or more twice this season and won both games.
- The implied probability of a win from the Mets, based on the moneyline, is 64.9%.
- So far this season, New York and its opponents have hit the over in seven of their 22 games with a total.
- The Mets have an ATS record of 14-7-0 in 21 games with a spread this season.
Max Scherzer (Mets Probable Starter)
- The Mets will send Scherzer (3-0) to the mound for his fifth start this season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Monday, when he threw seven scoreless innings against the St. Louis Cardinals while allowing two hits.
- The 37-year-old has pitched to a 1.80 ERA this season with 11.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.9 walks per nine across four games.
- He’s going for his third straight quality start.
- Scherzer has four starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Phillies have scored 100 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB. They have 174 hits, seventh in baseball, with 21 home runs (10th in the league).
- The Phillies have gone 5-for-19 with a double and an RBI in one game against the right-hander this season.
- The 37-year-old ranks 14th in ERA (1.80), sixth in WHIP (.760), and seventh in K/9 (11.9) among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
Mets Batting Stats
- The Mets have hit 18 homers this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- Hitters for the Mets combine for a team rank 14th of in the majors with a .379 team slugging percentage.
- New York’s .252 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking third in MLB.
- The Mets are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking 10th with 93 total runs this season.
- New York gets on base at a .340 clip, best in the league.
- The Mets have shown patience at the plate this season with the fifth-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.7) among MLB offenses.
Phillies Stats and Trends
Phillies Betting Records
- The Phillies have been underdogs in six games this season and have come away with the win two times (33.3%) in those contests.
- Philadelphia has yet to play a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +159.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Phillies have a 38.6% chance of walking away with the win.
- Philadelphia and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 10 of their 22 opportunities.
- In 22 games with a line this season, the Phillies have a mark of 11-11-0 against the spread.
Zach Eflin (Phillies Probable Starter)
- Eflin (1-1) gets the starting nod for the Phillies in his fifth start of the season. He has a 4.12 ERA in 19 2/3 innings pitched, with 15 strikeouts.
- In his last time out on Tuesday, the righty tossed six innings against the Colorado Rockies, giving up one earned run while surrendering two hits.
- In four games this season, the 28-year-old has an ERA of 4.12, with 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .257 against him.
- Eflin is looking to secure his second quality start of the season.
- Eflin will look to pitch five or more innings for his third straight start. He’s averaging 4.3 frames per outing.
- He will face a Mets offense that ranks sixth in the league with 177 total hits (on a .252 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .379 (14th in the league) with 18 total home runs (19th in MLB play).
Phillies Batting Stats
- The Phillies rank 10th in MLB action with 21 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- This season, the Phillies are seventh in baseball with a .400 slugging percentage.
- Philadelphia’s .244 batting average is seventh-best in the league.
- The Phillies score the fourth-most runs in baseball (100 total, 4.5 per game).
- Philadelphia is 10th in the league with a .318 on-base percentage.
- The Phillies strike out 8.5 times per game to rank 18th in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Mets vs. Phillies: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Sunday, May 1, 2022
- Game Time: 7:08 PM ET
- Stadium: Citi Field
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).