Car rental coupons come in handy, no matter when and where you plan your next trip. The costs associated with a vacation can really add up, so it’s nice to know there are ways to save a bit of money here and there. More and more travel companies are offering discounts and coupons for car rentals to help the travel industry grow even bigger than it already is. Whether you’re a business traveler or want to go on a nice vacation, here are a few tips on how to save on your vehicle rental:
• Make sure your travel dates include a Saturday. Many discount rates are only available if there is going to be a Saturday night stay over. When you wait until at least Sunday to return home, you might be able to save more money.
• If you have a preferred car rental company, check and see if you are eligible for any loyalty or membership discounts. If not, use the internet to find out which companies are offering the most value. Remember: the lowest rate isn’t necessarily the best. What is more important is how much service, maintenance, gas, and overall value you will be getting with the rate.
• Always opt for a smaller vehicle and request a free upgrade later on. It’s a lot cheaper to do it this way. Unless it’s tourist season or there is a big event held in town, there should be enough larger vehicles that you will be able to get a free upgrade.
• The more flexible you are with your dates and destination, there easier it will be to obtain coupons for car rentals. There are promo codes that pop up on a regular basis that can be used to rent a vehicle in a particular city for a minimum number of days – usually three or four. The companies usually offer such discounts when the offices in that particular location are not getting a satisfactory number of reservations.
• Read the fine print of any coupon or promo code before using it. Make sure you understand the specifics. Will you have to use it directly at the car rental company’s website, or is it intended to be used at a third party travel discount site? What all, exactly, does it cover: just the standard fee itself? What about gas? Can it only be used for a specific type of vehicle? Also, keep in mind that you can sometimes get a discount if you use a certain type of credit card.
Keep these factors in mind when looking over coupons for car rentals.
Coupons for Car Rentals – Final Remarks
Begin your search for coupons for car rentals online. You’ll likely find deals to help you save on any type of rental car from any company. There are savings opportunities for thousands of locations around the world.