Well, there's no denying that fashion is always inclined to the petite woman. Barring a few exceptions, most fashion shows have skinny women who have perfected their walk in six-inch heels on runways. If you are someone on the plus side, you will have to deal with limited choices and confusing styles and rules. To make things simple, we have discussed some of the most fantastic fashion rules for plus-size women. In case you don't have a fortune to spend, these ideas will help you in making the right styling decision!
1. No more baggy clothes. Those loose and ill-fitted clothes will not hide your tummy or big arms. Wear something that fits your body and hugs the curves at the right places. Some amazing brands deal with women plus size clothing, and you can find options for a number of sizes.
2. Wear in confidence and comfort. Yes, you read that right. Unless you are comfortable in what you wear, you will never feel good. Regardless of your size, you need to feel comfortable and effective. Style is all about your personal ways of interpreting fashion, and you don't have to play by the rules all the time.
3. Look for shapewear. Contrary to what many people may believe, shapewear doesn't hide your body fat. Instead, it hugs the curves and helps in toning the body, which will allow you to wear more clothes with ease. From dresses and skirts to simple tops, you can rock anything, as long as you have good shapewear. Extra tip: Buy from a known and celebrated brand, because shapewear must be made from stretchable and conformable fabric.
4. Go for V-neck tops. If you have a pear shaped body, you need to wear V-neck tops to accentuate the upper part of the body. V-neck helps in shifting the attention to the center of the body, which can be ideal for women who have heavy legs.
5. Avoid crop tops . While crop tops are trending everywhere, these aren't a great choice for everyone. Plus-size women should consider longer tops, which can help in covering the flab around the waist and tummy. In case you are smitten by this style, just match your top with a pair of high-waist denims.
6. Wear heels. Heels look great on any girl, but on plus-size women, heels can add an illusion of height. Pencil heels and stilettos are always great, while you can also try block heels and wedges too. Just make sure that you are comfortable with the pair you choose, especially if you intend to walk on that day.
7. Finally, get your makeup right! Nothing beats a beautiful face, as far as creating a perfect look is concerned. Understand the occasion and overall outfit before choosing your makeup idea. Right from smoky eyes or a pop-colored summer lip color, anything that accentuates your facial features can be an excellent choice!
Check online now to find the right brands for your closet, and when you …