Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Detroit Tigers odds, tips and betting trends
Table of Contents The Los Angeles Dodgers (13-6) will host the Detroit Tigers (6-13), Saturday…
Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Dodgers (13-6) will host the Detroit Tigers (6-13), Saturday at 10:10 PM ET, with the Tigers on a six-game losing skid.
The Dodgers are a heavy home favorite (-345) against the Tigers (+274). The scheduled starters are Clayton Kershaw (3-0) for the Los Angeles Dodgers, and Beau Brieske (0-1) for the Detroit Tigers.
These clubs play again following the Dodgers’ 5-1 victory over the Tigers yesterday. Tyler Anderson (5.0 IP, 1 R, 5 H, 3 K) picked up the win for the Dodgers. Justin Turner went 1-for-4 with a home run and two RBI to lead the team on offense. Tyler Alexander (2.1 IP, 4 R, 3 H, 1 K) took the loss on the mound for the Tigers.
Before the Dodgers vs. Tigers matchup, here’s everything you need to prepare for Saturday’s baseball action.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Detroit Tigers Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Saturday at 5:07 AM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Dodgers (-345, bet $345 to win $100)
- Underdog: Tigers (+274, bet $100 to win $274)
- Over/under: 8
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Dodgers Stats and Trends
Dodgers Betting Records
- This season, the Dodgers have won 13 out of the 21 games, or 61.9%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Los Angeles has not entered a game this season with shorter moneyline odds than -345.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Dodgers have a 77.5% chance to win.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in five of their 21 games with a total this season.
- The Dodgers are 13-8-0 ATS in their 21 games with a spread this season.
Clayton Kershaw (Dodgers Probable Starter)
- The Dodgers’ Kershaw (3-0) will make his fourth start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw five innings against the San Diego Padres, giving up one earned run while allowing four hits.
- The 34-year-old has pitched in three games this season with a 2.65 ERA, 12.2 strikeouts per nine innings and a batting average against of .167.
- Kershaw has three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Tigers are batting .227 this season, 19th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .310 (28th in the league) with eight home runs.
Dodgers Batting Stats
- The Dodgers rank ninth in Major League Baseball with 20 home runs.
- Fueled by 51 extra-base hits, the Dodgers rank eighth in MLB with a .395 slugging percentage this season.
- Los Angeles has a team batting average of .242 this season, which ranks 10th among MLB teams.
- The Dodgers have scored the fourth-most runs in the league this season with 95.
- Los Angeles has an on-base percentage of .330 this season, which ranks sixth in the league.
- The Dodgers have shown patience at the plate this season with the sixth-best rate of strikeouts per game (8.2) among MLB offenses.
Tigers Stats and Trends
Tigers Betting Records
- The Tigers have come away with five wins in the 16 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Oddsmakers have given Detroit the worst odds of winning they have seen this season with a +274 moneyline listed for this contest.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Tigers have a 26.7% chance of walking away with the win.
- Detroit and their opponents have gone over in seven of their 19 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Tigers are 7-12-0 against the spread in their 19 games that had a posted line this season.
Beau Brieske (Tigers Probable Starter)
- Brieske (0-1) makes the start for the Tigers, his second of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday against the Colorado Rockies, when he tossed five innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up three hits.
- In one games this season, he has compiled a 5.40 ERA and averages 5.4 strikeouts per nine innings while opposing batters are hitting .167 against him.
- He meets a Dodgers offense that ranks fourth in the league with 95 total runs scored while batting .242 as a unit. His opponent has a collective .395 slugging percentage (eighth in MLB play) and has hit a total of 20 home runs (ninth in the league).
Tigers Batting Stats
- The Tigers have hit the second-fewest home runs in MLB action this season (eight).
- So far this season, the Tigers are slugging .310, the third-lowest average in baseball.
- Detroit’s .227 batting average ranks 19th in the league.
- The Tigers are the third-lowest scoring team in MLB play averaging 3.1 runs per game (59 total).
- Detroit is 17th in the league with a .306 on-base percentage.
- Tigers batters strike out 8.5 times per game, the eighth-lowest average in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).